The Bible is the basic text of Western Civilization as well as our religious tradition. More copies exist than any other text. Possibly, it is the least read and most misunderstood.
This presentation will expose the professional study over the past couple centuries and will allow everyone to approach it with a greater sense of understanding.
Some questions that will be addressed:
- What is the difference among the many Bibles that exist?
- The best translation?
- Who wrote the various books?
- What are the Dead Sea Scrolls?
- Is there one true Bible?
- What types of writing are in it?
- What is a Myth?
- Was Jesus a historical person?
Everyone is welcome to join presenter Michael Petit, a St. Clarence parishioner, Wednesday, January 10th, in classroom 8 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.